Call For A Free Consultation (918) 551-6581 Monday - Friday (9am -5pm)

Relocating With Children After DivorceIn this article, you can discover:

  • The requirement for a relocation clause in Oklahoma divorce orders
  • The enforceability of informal relocation agreements in Oklahoma
  • The advance notice required for a child’s relocation in Oklahoma

Can I Include A Relocation Clause In My Divorce?

Yes, Oklahoma law requires any court order directed to a person entitled to custody of or visitation with a child to include specific language addressing parent and child relocation.

Can An Informal Relocation Agreement Be Enforced In Oklahoma?

If the order was issued in Oklahoma, informal relocation agreements may not be enforced as Title 43 of Oklahoma Statutes requires specific language. However, orders issued outside of Oklahoma and properly registered in the state may be enforced, making informal agreements potentially enforceable in this scenario.

How Far In Advance Do I Need To Petition The Court For A Relocation With A Child?

In Oklahoma, you must notify every other person entitled to visitation with the child of a proposed relocation of the child’s principal residence no later than the sixtieth day before the intended move or proposed relocation.

Can I Relocate With The Children If The Father Isn’t On The Birth Certificate?

If your court order designates you as the custodial parent, you have the right to exercise the relocation clause in your order, regardless of whether the father is on the birth certificate.

For more information on Relocation With Children After Divorce, a free initial consultation is your next best step. Get the information and legal answers you are seeking by calling (918) 551-6581 today.

Harold Thompson, Esq.

Call For A Free Consultation
(918) 551-6581

Follow Us On

Accessibility Accessibility
× Accessibility Menu CTRL+U